For the next part of my project, I have to collect video clips on my topic (3-D graphic design) and also on living digitally. These video clips should show how the world has became more digital. Also, it will show you what 3-D graphic design really is all about. So here is some of the clips I have chosen:
This project is further more explained in my other blog post, Working & Living Digitally.
What is working and living digitally? Well lets break the words apart. Digitally refers to something that is done using technology. Working and living, well that is simple enough, it is what you do and where/how you live. Now to put them all back together you get something you do or a way of living that is done using technology. This day in age, working and living digitally is normal.
I was given a project to study a topic that is either classified as working digitally or living digitally. I chose 3-D graphic design. To start this project, I first need to find information on my topic. So below is a list of articles that helped me understand my topic.
- 35 Insanely Realistic 3D Renderings by Quenton Narcisse. http://mashable.com/2013/07/26/realistic-3d-images/?utm_cid=mash-com-fb-main-photo#_
- How 3-D Graphics Work by Curt Franklin. http://computer.howstuffworks.com/3dgraphics.htm
- 3D Graphic Art Resources by Unknown. http://www.3dgraphicart.com/resources.htm
- 25 Tasty 3D Graphic Design Treats by Unknown. http://www.youthedesigner.com/2008/02/29/25-tasty-3d-graphic-design-treats
- 3D Enhancements Add New Dimension by Earl Wilken. Found in Graphic Arts Monthly through ProQuest search. http://search.proquest.com.er.lib.k-state.edu/docview/203282192?accountid=11789
- What does 3D entail by Simon Tuckett. Found in Step-by-step Graphics through ProQuest search. http://search.proquest.com.er.lib.k-state.edu/docview/213410991?accountid=11789
- Bump and Shine: Getting Down with New 3D Hardware Effects by Lisa Washburn. Found in Game Developer through ProQuest search. http://search.proquest.com.er.lib.k-state.edu/docview/219020930?accountid=11789
- What is Graphic Design by Unknown. http://www.aiga.org/guide-whatisgraphicdesign/
- 99 Sites All Designers Must Know About by Jacob Cass. http://justcreative.com/2008/02/25/99-graphic-design-resources/
- Why Graphic Design by Michael Bojkowski. http://www.itsnicethat.com/articles/2091-why-graphic-design
- Design Cast 46: The Graphic Designer’s Home Office by Wes McDowell. http://thedeependdesign.com/podcast/home-office-setups-for-graphic-designers/
- Work at Home Series: Graphic Design and Illustrator by Tiffany. http://mylitter.com/work-at-home/work-at-home-series-graphic-design-and-illustrator/
- A Short Introduction to Graphic Design History by Unknown. http://www.designhistory.org/
- Digital 3D Design by Simon Danaher
- Art of 3D Computer Animation and Effects by Isaac Kerlow
- Paper Engineering: 3D Design Techniques for a 2D Material by Natalie Avella
- 3D Computer Graphics by Andrew Glassner
- Chris Labrooy http://www.chrislabrooy.com/
- Sam Rogers http://barbaricsoftworks.com/sam
- Wade Wood http://www.graphicfantasy.com/
- Simon Danaher http://pelfind.com/photos/79853/featured-posts
- Garrett Gray http://www.g2vfx.com/
- Ryan Colditz http://ryancolditz.com/
- Ali Bitaraf http://forums.indiegamer.com/showthread.php?35426-Ali-Bitaraf-3D-Character-Artist-Modeller-Illustrator-Graphic-Design
- Katie Jayne Roberts http://businessboomcollective.com/0416/katie-jayne-roberts/
After doing some research, I can start to work on my project and end up with a short video over 3D graphic design.